On January 18, 2019, the SROA Board of Directors authorized the formation of the Telecommunications Task Force (TTF) to research bringing Fiber-to-the-Home to Sunriver.
The TTF will engage general membership and review past telecom work and various other resources in developing a recommended update to SROA's telecommunication infrastructure. The TTF will provide a recommendation for any implementation by prioritizing the segments of the plan with justifications for the prioritization. Use of the SROA Decision Making Checklist, when and where applicable, shall be required.
The task force is researching the following materials and methods:
- Connectivity to all SROA owners
- Potential of multiple vendors to provide services
- Potential for SROA to manage infrastructure for connectivity and security
- Redundancy and expandability for the future
- Create a plan that will last 30-plus years
- Information: The task force will be sharing stories and updates via the Scene, SROA website News & Notices articles and through E-notifications.
- Survey: Owners will be asked to take a brief survey about their current internet services. CLICK HERE or the button on the right to take the survey. Survey must be completed by July 15.
- Town Halls: Three meetings are planned. Although owners are welcome to attend any of the meetings, each meeting will be tailored to a specific user group.
Virtual Town Hall Reservation Dates
- July 21, 3-5pm: Permanent Residents (RSVP by July 17)
- July 28, 3-5pm: Non-Resident Second Home Owner (non-rental) (RSVP by July 24)
- August 4, 3-5pm: Owners with a Vacation Rental (RSVP by July 31)
Reservations to attend a session is required. Fill out the online reservation form here. RSVP due by the Friday prior to the meeting.