SROA Boat Launch, not to be confused with the Sunriver Resort Marina, is owned and operated by Sunriver Owners Association.
Aside from the SROA boat launch and Resort Marina location, please be aware that there are no other river access/exit points within Sunriver proper. River access parking, drop off, pickups and/or waiting is prohibited along all roads and at Cardinal Landing Bridge.
Access to SROA Boat Launch
One of the following is required to open the electronic gate at the SROA Boat Launch:
- Valid SROA Member Preference ID
- Valid Recreation Plus Program Card
- Valid Extended Family Card
Please Note: If your ID/card is expired or need to obtain one please contact Member Services 24 hrs PRIOR to ensure access to the SROA boat launch.
River Shuttle Access and Guidelines
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 the river shuttle is suspended until further notice. River floaters are responsible for their own transportation to launch and/or take-out locations.
Seasonal Hours of Operation
- Seasonal service (Memorial Day-Labor Day)
- 9:30am-4pm | Daily
- Last Harper Bridge drop-off is at 3pm
- Last return shuttle from Canoe Takeout is at 5:30pm
SROA Member Preference ID Free Service
Sunriver owners with a valid SROA Member Preference ID card can enjoy a leisurely float from the SROA boat launch to the canoe takeout without having to worry about where to leave their car. This service is in collaboration with Sunriver Resort.
- Only for Sunriver property owners with a valid SROA Member Preference ID and passengers in the owner's watercraft.
- MUST check in with the Sunriver Resort Marina and obtain a shuttle ticket PRIOR to beginning your float trip. This ticket is required to be transported back.
- Shuttle has limited capacity; first come, first served basis
- The shuttle will transport the following:
- ONLY inflatables (no hard-shell watercraft) when dropping off at Harper Bridge
- Inflatables and personal watercraft less than 17 feet in length (no trailered boats, pontoons) when picking up from Canoe Takeout
Please Note: The free shuttle service does not extend to the Recreation Plus Program Cards. Please contact Sunriver Resort Marina directly for shuttle fees and options.
Actual float times are approximate and dependent on paddling efforts and river flow. Please consider the following before beginning your trip:
- There are no take out locations or restrooms anywhere along the river
- Plan your float time carefully and take into consideration the last drop-off and return shuttle times (eg: it is unlikely if launching from Harper Bridge at 3pm there will be ample time to make to canoe take out before the last shuttle return at 5:30pm)
|Harper Bridge to SROA Boat Launch/Sunriver Resort Marina||1-2 Hours|
|SROA Boat Launch to Canoe Takeout||2.5 - 3.5 Hours|
|Harper Bridge to Canoe Takeout||3.5 - 5 Hours|