March 24: Message from SROA's General Manager
SROA encourages everyone to follow Gov. Brown's Executive Order; steps SROA has taken
As we all continue to adjust our daily lives in response to the COVID-19 crisis and subsequent orders from Federal, State and Local agencies, we at SROA have the public health, safety and welfare at the forefront of our actions to provide continued essential services to owners and residents.
As such events evolve and unfold almost hourly, we will respond as necessary to ensure that essential services continue to be provided in a manner that maintains and follows all public health directives.
While we did recognize an increased presence of visitors to Sunriver over the past week, we encourage and expect all property owners and property managers to follow the March 23 Executive Order of Governor Brown, thereby keeping Sunriver a safe place that receives minimum exposure to the COVID-19 virus and other infectious diseases.
As an owner’s association, SROA only has the ability to administer and enforce our governing documents. Those governing documents do not explicitly provide the outright authority for SROA to regulate short term rentals within our community.
However, we do urge those within our community to take personal responsibility to follow the Governors legally enforceable mandates as stated in the Order regarding public distancing, travel and closures, thereby further limiting any unnecessary risks to all Sunriver residents, owners and staff.
Over the past two weeks, the SROA direct response to this crisis and the Governor’s Executive Order includes:
- Closures follow the Executive Order issued by the Governor on March 23, 2020.
- SHARC is closed
- All recreation amenities that involve common elements and public contact (such as, playground equipment, restrooms, tennis courts, pickleball courts, basketball courts, etc.) are closed
- Access to open space within parks and pathways remains open for use
- All recreation facilities have been posted with signs/notices of closures, and other orders and directives as applicable – with updates as required by Federal, State or Local government agencies
SROA Offices and Facilities
- Complete office closure to the public
- SROA staff will be working remotely to the greatest extent possible given the need to provide essential services
- SROA will have reduced staff office presence, but all essential departments available via one employee Monday-Friday (from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- SROA will have rotating staff throughout the week, meeting all social distancing requirements
- Public availability to staff will be by phone and email
- All regular committee and task force meetings are cancelled during the closure
We know that continued updates from SROA regarding our response to the COVID-19 crisis are important to you. In this vein, we encourage you to seek out the sources of information that we provide as listed below:
- SROA website and Coronavirus page is a primary point of information that will be updated routinely
- Email notifications sent to owners as necessary
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are included on Coronavirus web page
- Press releases as deemed necessary
- Signs have been placed at all SROA facilities indicating closures and other direction
- Continual coordination with Sunriver Police and Fire Departments
As we continue to coordinate with all applicable agencies and follow all legal orders, directives and guidelines, please feel free to contact our office and staff via telephone and email if you have any outstanding questions that we have not been able to answer herein.
Lastly, please be safe - and be personally and socially responsible in your actions during these trying times.
Thank you, James Lewis – SROA General Manager